Conventional Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) is also known as Strip procedure, Follicular unit strip extraction (FUSE) and Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) because donor hairs are taken out 'en bloc' in the form of a long strip.
Following is a brief description of the procedure as you would experience at Provelus FUT Hair Transplantation Clinic
1) Arrival : hair transplantationOn arrival, you need to fill up requisite paperwork and then will be given some oral medications. These medicines help to prevent infections and sedate you slightly so that you are comfortable during transplant.
2) Hair Design : Hair Loss Treatment In DelhiNext you meet the surgeon and help him draw a hairline according to your desire and expectations. Our highly experienced plastic surgeon will guide and help you during this process. He will also evaluate the donor area and recipient area and suggest appropriate number of grafts for desired coverage
3) Hair Trim : Hair Transplant surgeryOnce you have changed into patient gown & pyjamas we will trim the hairs in the strip previously drawn by the surgeon and prep the area for harvest.
4) Strip Harvest : Strip Hair TransplantLocal anaesthetic injections are given in the strip area to numb it. The injections may sting a little like a bug bite, but after that the procedure is totally pain free. A strip of hair is taken out from dense area of scalp as per requirement. You can enjoy the music or movie of your choice while this happens.
5) Trichophytic Closure : After strip harvest, the incision line is stitched together using trichophytic closure technique. With this new technique, hairs grow out of the scar line after healing making it almost invisible even with short hairstyle.
6) Dissection : The harvested 'strip of hairs' is handed over to the technicians who dissect out follicular units under magnification. At Provelus all the dissection is done by experienced hair transplant technicians under magnification to minimise injury to hair roots. These follicles are arranged in trays, ready for placement.
7) Implantation : Hair implant surgery The surgeon creates tiny slits in the bald area to place dissected follicles. At Provelus, customised blades are used to exactly match the follicle size. This way transplanted hair fits perfectly in the slit and stays in desired direction. All the follicles are distributed as per desired density and direction filling up the bald area.
8) After care : Once the procedure is over, after care of the transplanted and donor area will be explained to you. A copy of written instructions will also be given in case you forget anything. Care of newly transplanted hair is important for their growth. You may be requested to revisit the clinic for stitch removal 10-12 days after the procedure.
After hearing and reading many good reports about Dr.sharad on the internet I travelled to India from England. The doctor and all of his staff made the experience very easy and pleasant. I was very satisfied with my operation which was far superior to my previous operation in Europe.
Clinic, staff, ambience is really good. Procedure followed looks to be international standard. Doctors are reachable round the clock. Appreciate their participation in hair restoration forums.
I am very happy about the quality of service provided here. I suggest to others as well because here I have got real value for money I spent. I highly recommend this centre for anyone planning for hair transplant.
This clinic was established in 1980 in New Delhi and was the first clinic in India to introduce hair transplantation. Since then, our clinic has conducted successful hair transplant procedures on a regular basis here.