Follicular Unit Extraction is the most advanced hair transplant procedure currently. It is also known as follicle isolation technique (FIT), FOX procedure etc. Although it is more difficult for the surgeon to learn and perform, it has many advantages for the patient.
At Provelus we routinely perform large sessions of FUE hair transplant. We at Provelus, are using two step FUE technique, called i-FUE (isolated Follicle unit Extraction). The advantage of this technique is lower chances of root injury ensuring better survival and growth of the hair after transplant. Currently, i-FUE hair transplant is more popular at our clinic as compared to conventional strip procedure despite being more expensive. It is our endeavour to bring down the cost of FUE hair transplant so that more deserving candidates can benefit from this technique.
Following is a brief description of the procedure as you would experience at Provelus Hair Transplant Clinic,
1) Preparation : Low Cost Hair TransplantationOn arrival, you need to fill up requisite paperwork and then will be given some oral medications. These medicines help to prevent infections and sedate you slightly so that you are comfortable during transplant.
2) Hair Design : Hair follicle graftingNext you meet the surgeon and help him draw a hairline according to your desire and expectations. Our highly experienced plastic surgeon will guide and help you during this process. He will also evaluate the donor area and recipient area and suggest appropriate number of grafts for desired coverage.
3) Hair Trim : FUE Hair TransplantOnce you have changed into patient gown & pyjamas we will trim the hairs in the donor area and prep the area for harvest. Usually all the hairs need to be trimmed for the procedure as it is imperative to see hair emergence angle for FUE hair harvest. For small procedures and in women trimming is restricted.
4) Follicle Extraction : Follicular unit extraction FUE After numbing the portion with local anaesthetic, a tiny hollow needle (<0.9mm) is used to isolate the follicular unit from surrounding tissue. The needle is only advanced till minuscule hair muscle called arector pili and no further to avoid injury to hair root. The hair root is then gently pulled out and immediately transferred to the recipient area. The tiny points left after extraction heal spontaneously and do not need stitches.
5) Implantation : Hair implant surgery In FUE hair transplant, the implantation commonly goes on simultaneously with extraction. This minimises the hair root's out of body time and maximises growth. At Provelus, customised blades are used to create tiny slits that exactly match the follicle size. This way transplanted hair fits perfectly in the slit and stays in desired direction. All the follicles are distributed as per desired density and direction filling up the bald area.
6) After care: Hair follicle graftingOnce the procedure is over, after care of the transplanted and donor area will be explained to you. A copy of written instructions will also be given in case you forget anything. Care of newly transplanted hair is important for their growth. The donor area heals completely in a week following the procedure. Stitch removal is not required.
After hearing and reading many good reports about Dr.sharad on the internet I travelled to India from England. The doctor and all of his staff made the experience very easy and pleasant. I was very satisfied with my operation which was far superior to my previous operation in Europe.
Clinic, staff, ambience is really good. Procedure followed looks to be international standard. Doctors are reachable round the clock. Appreciate their participation in hair restoration forums.
I am very happy about the quality of service provided here. I suggest to others as well because here I have got real value for money I spent. I highly recommend this centre for anyone planning for hair transplant.
This clinic was established in 1980 in New Delhi and was the first clinic in India to introduce hair transplantation. Since then, our clinic has conducted successful hair transplant procedures on a regular basis here.